Assured Workspace Collaboration
Assured Workspace Collaboration
About Assured Workspace Collaboration
Google Assured Controls is an add-on feature for Google Workspace that allows organizations to have native control over Google support actions. Assured Controls adds to an organization’s information governance toolkit by enabling controls to help narrow provider access.
What problems it solves
Customers in regulated industries, particularly the public sector, have specific requirements related to cloud service provider access to data in the course of customer support interactions. Access Management, part of Assured Controls, helps customers narrow cloud service provider access by permitting only certain groups of Google staff members to take actions related to customer data.
Assured Controls is available on Google Workspace’s native platform. Moving to a separate environment is not required for access to these restriction capabilities. This can help reduce costs and complexity while allowing organizations to benefit from the full set of advanced features that Google Workspace offers.
What the Service provides
- The Access Transparency feature enables the ability to review logs of actions taken by Google staff members when approved to access user content for troubleshooting efforts
- The Access Management feature enables customers to geographically limit Google staff support actions to the U.S. approved Google Support teams
- The Access Approvals feature requires Google staff who can take support actions related to an organization's data to request approval before viewing data necessary for support
Benefits of this Service
- Control cloud provides access by limiting which Google staff can take action related to an agency’s data
- View actions taken by allowed Google staff through Access Transparency logs
- Choose the region where data is stored
Billing Unit: Acct/Month
Billing Code: 5584
- All state agencies requiring advanced security controls for their data
- Have an active Google Enterprise Email account
- Google Workspace administrators using the Access Management feature must purchase Assured Support to receive relevant support services
Scope of Service
- ASET Responsibilities: Set up accounts and configure any special security for each account per customer request;
- Troubleshoot issues with the application;
- Notify customer of any outage or interruption of service;
- Engage application vendor to resolve issues as required
- Customer Responsibilities: Ensure use is related to official state business;
- Pay all fees associated with this service
- Shared Responsibilities: Coordinate testing and troubleshooting schedules for issues, system or application software upgrades
- Customers can request assistance or support via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Google Support then Google Account Management.
- Response Time: 24 - 48 hours (depending on severity)
- Resolution Time: Dependent on issue
- Support Time: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday
How to order this Service
To order this service or for any questions related to it, please reach out to your Engagement Manager or submit a request using our Contact form (select Subject "Engagement Management").