About API Hosting
This service provides a cloud based platform to centrally host and manage APIs. Using this service we can create APIs to enable communication to your backend services and applications. API Gateway handles all the tasks involved in accepting and processing up to hundreds of thousands of concurrent API calls, including traffic management. ASET also provides the added security of Okta Authentication.
What problems it solves
The data transfer between agencies or departments have usually included file transfer which requires multiple processes to run. The data is then still stale and is stored redundantly. Using an API will help transfer real time data securely and the data owner will have complete control over the access they wish to provide.
What the Service provides
- This service includes hosting API to an existing backend service or application.
- For an additional fee, ASET can develop the backend service, which will be billed through Programming Services at the hourly rate.
Benefits of this Service
- APIs are an efficient way to allow different products to communicate with each other without manual user intervention. The use of APIs can free up time for employees by reducing instances of repetitive tasks or transfers of data between applications.
Billing Unit: API/Month
Billing Code: 5610
- All State Agencies, Boards and Commissions
- Data sharing agreement between data owner and data consumer.
- Connection details to the database or service.
- Clear documentation of current process if any or requirement.
Scope of Service
- ASET Responsibility:
- Evaluate and provide ETA and quote before starting development.
- Customer Responsibility:
- Provide the Service Prerequisites shown above.
- Customers can request assistance or support via the Cherwell Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Application Development.
- Shared Responsibility:
- Test the completed feature and set up.
- Response Time: 24 - 48 hours (depending on severity)
- Resolution Time: Dependent on issue
- Support Time: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday