ARS §18-104 A.1.(e) requires ADOA-ASET to maintain an inventory of all IT assets used by this state. The implementation of the AFIS system on July 1, 2015 gave us an opportunity to streamline this process to the benefit of all state budget units. The process eliminates non-value-added effort while making IT asset information available to ADOA-ASET without further effort by your budget unit.
Additional Benefits of the AFIS Fixed Asset Tracking:
- 2,100 unique categories have been distilled down to only 92 Catalog Codes.
- Agencies will maintain the IT asset inventory in AFIS as part of their normal business processes to eliminate duplication of work.
- AFIS will send ADOA-ASET an update every month. No additional action is required by your agency to report to ADOA-ASET.
- All agencies will use a common vocabulary and consistent coding structure, making the information more useful.
Agencies will maintain the IT asset inventory in AFIS as part of their normal business processes, which will capture and reflect the current state of the information technology assets that are owned, leased, or employed by this state.
Please use the following guidance documents to help with the reporting of inventory in the AFIS system and contact your agency liaison or agency property control officer for assistance.
- Asset Management Training - Learn about asset management.
- AFIS Information - Find information regarding AFIS.
- State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM) Policy on Information Technology Resources - Learn about recording and stewardship of Information Technology Resources.