Online Payment Processing
Online Payment Processing
About Online Payment Processing
Online Payment Processing is a modern and intuitive tool, allowing customers to make payments at any time from anywhere. This eliminates wait times for processing or mailing checks, ensuring that transactions are secure and card information is encrypted.
Existing applications and websites can connect to the AZ.gov payment engine. The service utilizes a common user interface for the collection of payment information and the presentation of a payment receipt. Upon final receipt of funds, the transactions are automatically reconciled and reported to Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) (if opted by the agencies). The backend provides multiple reporting options and online refund functionality to agency-authorized individuals.
ASET does not currently charge ongoing fees for the use of the payment processing system. While not charged by ASET, there are some setup charges and per transaction charges discussed in the Web Portal Quick Reference Guide available online at: https://gao.az.gov/afis/webportal.
The types of credit cards accepted for payment will determine the credit card fees. Additional information on credit card fees is available on the Treasurer’s Office website: https://www.aztreasury.gov/credit-card-agreements.
What problems it solves
- Reduces payment delays and clerical errors, allowing agencies to collect funds faster and better serve customers.
- Reduces the Payment Card Industry (PCI) audit burden on agencies.
- Reduces the time and cost to build and maintain a payment processing system.
What the Service provides
- Accept payments from Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cardholders
- Accept payments in the mode of electronic checks (ACH) through direct debits
- Straightforward payment reconciliation process that feeds payment information directly to AFIS
- Refunds capabilities to agency authorized individuals. These refunds can be processed directly from the system without the need to issue manual checks to customers
- Support for adding and deleting new services/products
- Support for your vendors and IT teams to help them onboard their applications to the payment portal
- Support for payment processing issues
- Active defense including DOS protection, Layer 7 firewalls, and attack response teams
- Multi-data center failover for high availability
- 24x7x365 platform, infrastructure, and application monitoring
- Server upsizing for planned and unplanned increases in site traffic
- Multi-region failover (fully redundant environments in two geographic regions of the world)
- Dedicated testing instances are available for agency use
- Multi-tier caching support
- Automatic nightly and single-click on-demand backups and restores (across all 3 environments)
Benefits of this Service
- Online payment simplifies payments by eliminating the need to manually process checks and credit/debit card transactions.
- Agencies can process full refunds and partial refunds themselves without having to depend on any third-party service to process the refunds.
- PCI-compliant Environment/Process.
- Auto-reconciliation into AFIS if desired.
- Statutory or regulatory changes to payments are taken care of by ADOA-ASET without any charge to the agency.
- AFIS changes on payment reconciliation are taken care of by ADOA-ASET without any charge to the agency.
Billing Unit: N/A
Billing Code: N/A (Service is not billed by ASET due to funding from other sources)
- All State Agencies, Boards and Commissions
- Agencies need to determine:
- If the existing agency application/web page will connect to the payment portal or will the agency need a new application/web page. If a new application/webpage is required, who will build that application /web page? There are multiple options for interacting with the Web Portal payment processing system.
- Which payment methods to accept? Additional information on credit card fees is available on the Treasurer’s Office website: https://www.aztreasury.gov/credit-card-agreements.
- If they want to accept a convenience fee.
Scope of Service
- ASET Responsibilities:
- Payment Portal setup and configuration.
- Production support on payment issues.
- Help agency IT and agency vendors connect to the Payment Portal
- Add agency users to jBilling/AppDirect. Train and support as appropriate.
- Statue or Regulatory changes/updates to payment, including gateway changes/migrations.
- AFIS changes impact on payment reconciliation.
- PCI audit and compliance of the Payment Portal.
- Customer/Agency Responsibilities:
- Determine the products to be sold.
- Accounting set-up with AFIS.
- Banking Services from Office of the State Treasurer.
- Request assistance or support via the Cherwell Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Digital Government then Online Payment Processing.
- Shared Responsibilities:
- Payment Portal UAT and Go live plan.
- Work with Bank of America in setting up Bank Accounts and Merchant Accounts.
- Add/delete/update products/services on a regular basis.
- Agency services migration from one application to another application/website.
- Responding to customer payment questions.
- Our goal is to have an incident assigned to someone within 4 business hours of the ticket being created within the system and have the incident resolved (or a path to resolution documented and communicated to the customer) within two business days.
How to order this Service
To order this service or for any questions related to it, please reach out to your Engagement Manager. Click here for a full list of Engagement Managers by Agency. Alternatively, click here to submit a Contact form (select Subject "Engagement Management").