To preserve the integrity of the .az.gov name space, .az.gov domains are limited to Arizona government organizations at the state and local level.
Registrations that qualify for an .az.gov domain:
- State governmental entities/programs
- Cities and townships represented by an elected body of officials
- Counties and parishes represented by an elected body of officials
Registrations for an .az.gov domain must comply with ADOA-ASET Policies and Procedures:
For State Agencies and State Programs, ASET will accept authorization from the Director or the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of a State Agency or the Domain Name Administrator with appointed authority from the State Agency.
For cities and townships, ASET will accept authorization from the mayor (or equivalent official) or highest-ranking information technology (IT) official with an appointed authority from the mayor.
For counties and parishes, ASET will accept authorization from County Commissioners (or equivalent officials) or the highest ranking IT official with appointed authority from the County Commissioner.
Instruct your authorized official to submit a letter authorizing the use of the requested domain name. This letter should be written on agency letterhead and must include the following:
- Statement that the requestor is the highest ranking official or highest ranking IT officer appointed by, and with the authority to speak for, this office
- Domain name requested
- Purpose of the domain
- Statement that the use of the domain is consistent with the requesting organization's Internet policies
- Name of the Administrative POC who must be a government employee and must be the same as the Administrative POC listed during the domain registration process
- Contact information
- Signature of the authorizing official
State, city, and county authorization letters should be submitted to the following:
.az.gov Domain Manager
100 N. 15th Ave., Suite 400
Phoenix, AZ 85007
The .az.gov Domain Manager must receive the authorization letter within 30 days of your registration request. Otherwise, your request may become deactivated and the domain name released for others to use.
To expedite the processing of your request, use the appropriate letter template below.