Server Support (Subscription)
Server Support (Subscription)
About Server Support (Subscription)
Server Support services provide specialist support for cloud-based, on-prem servers and cloud services related to infrastructure. This service is tailored specifically for individual business needs, ensuring that systems function properly and efficiently.
What problems it solves
This service helps solve cloud service and on-prem infrastructure issues and solves interruptions in system functions. It also ensures that cloud-based and on-prem servers are properly functioning and maintained to prevent technical malfunctions, which could result in service interruptions or other issues.
What the Service provides
- The ASET Cloud Operations team is designed to provide the following support models:
- Phone calls
- Web/remote hands
- Onsite support
- Email support
- Ongoing support from a cloud server specialist or on-prem server specialist as needed
- Support tailored specifically to an agency’s needs
- 24x7x365 support on production servers, including operating system vulnerability patching and remediation
- Monitoring of servers (CPU, RAM), storage, and network connectivity
- 24x7x365 uptime with on-call support for production servers
Benefits of this Service
- Convenient support from a specialist
- Allows agencies to stay up-to-date with the latest features of cloud-based services and remain in compliance with statewide policies
- Maintain operating system compliancy via upgrades and vulnerability management
Billing Unit: Device/Month
Billing Code: 5711
- Any Agency in need of support for ADOA hosted systems or applications or onboarding to our ADOA-ASET services.
- Completed review and approval with ASET Engagement Management & Cloud/DC Infrastructure Teams.
- On-prem servers require the following services: Enterprise Compute and Virtual Storage.
- Cloud servers have no service requirements.
Scope of Service
- ASET Responsibilities:
- Provide daily operational support for the server along with vulnerability remediation services.
- Customer Responsibilities:
- Request assistance or support via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Server then Server Support T&M.
- If you would like to add or decommission a service, please submit a service ticket via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk and then select the appropriate service.
- Shared Responsibilities:
- Agree on changes to the server through our Change Advisory Board process.
- Response Time: 24 - 48 hours (depending on severity)
- Resolution Time: Dependent on issue
- Support Time: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday (after hours on-call provided on production systems as needed)
Tenant Roles and Responsibilities
- Data and Application Management: Manage and maintain data, applications, and configurations within the cloud service. This includes creating, configuring, and updating services as needed.
- Access Control and Security: Set up and manage user access and permissions within the cloud environment, including identity and access management, security policies, and encryption.
- Scalability and Resource Management: Adjust resources (compute, storage, etc.) based on usage and scalability needs. Monitor resource utilization and optimize configurations for cost efficiency.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Plan and implement disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Understand the cloud provider's disaster recovery options and take necessary precautions.
Hosted IT Roles and Responsibilities
- Server and OS Management: Install, configure, and manage operating systems on servers. Handle server maintenance, patching, and updates.
- Security Controls: Implement and manage security controls at the infrastructure level, such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and physical security measures.
- Hardware and Software Procurement: Purchase and maintain hardware and software licenses, including operating systems and applications.
- IT Staffing: Employ IT personnel to handle infrastructure management, network administration, and support roles.