About Enterprise Compute
The Enterprise Compute service enables ASET to consolidate four services into one. CPU, Memory, OS License, and base storage for virtual machines (VMs) are now known collectively as Enterprise Compute.
What problems it solves
The four services consolidated as a single service simplifies the billing processes for both ADOA-ASET and our customers. New invoices now have one line item for Enterprise Compute.
What the Service provides
- Ability to automate the deployments of a number of virtual machine sizes
- Configuration services provided by ADOA give agencies the ability to add/remove CPUs to existing on-prem or cloud virtual machines
- Allows for the increasing or decreasing of CPU power on VMs (virtual machines)
- A place to store and access data in a secure location on a short-term basis
- Gives agencies the ability to add/remove memory from/to existing on-prem or cloud virtual machines
- Allows for increasing or decreasing RAM on VMs
- Leverage Volume Licensing from ADOA through discounted rates for licenses
- Installation and configuration of VM operating systems
- An address space, with each containing the same range of storage addresses
- Support for operations monitoring, support, and technical support
- Configuration of storage devices
- Installation and configuration of storage management products
- Security to control electronic and physical access to data
- Disaster recovery assistance
- Allows multiple operating systems environments to exist simultaneously on the same machine
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year monitoring and operations support
- Notification in the event of an outage or interruption of service
Benefits of this Service
- The service aligns our hybrid VM provisioning solutions with our public cloud offerings and simplifies the automated provisioning of resources across the ASET Enterprise Compute Service. The service continues to enable ASET to simplify IT infrastructure, process automation, data storage, and standardization of resource deployments for both our private and public clouds.
Billing Unit: Compute Unit/Month
Billing Code: 5762
- Any agency needing support on existing hosted VMs the ADOA Cloud Operations team currently supports or if the agency wants to have ADOA host systems or applications on the ADOA private or public cloud infrastructures.
- Completed review and approval from the ASET Engagement Management and CloudOps/DC Infrastructure Teams
Scope of Service
- ASET will provide daily operational and capacity support for all servers under current ADOA services and implemented through our change board process.
- Customers can request assistance or support via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Server then Server CPU Request.
- Response Time: 24 - 48 hours (depending on severity)
- Resolution Time: Dependent on issue
- Support Time: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday (after hours on-call provided on production systems as needed)
How to order this Service
To order this service or for any questions related to it, please reach out to your Engagement Manager or submit a request using our Contact form (select Subject "Engagement Management").