Desktop Support Technician
Desktop Support Technician
About Desktop Support Technician
This service provides a desktop support technician at an hourly rate to assist with troubleshooting devices that are unsupported to ensure that state agencies, boards, and commissions maintain a stable, efficient computing environment. The utilization of this service requires Desktop Support and is intended to be used as assistance during projects and on unsupported devices.
What problems it solves
Desktop Support Technician provides technical support at an hourly rate to help agencies and boards complete tasks or troubleshoot a technical issue.
What the Service provides
User Support: Assistance to end users, addressing queries, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring a positive experience with software, hardware, or systems.
- A technician assists with:
- Troubleshooting unsupported devices such as printers and board member laptops
- Diagnosing and repairing organizational hardware and equipment
Training and Onboarding: Conducts sessions to familiarize end users with new equipment and technologies, applications, or processes assigned to them. Facilitating a smooth onboarding experience for new team members. In addition as optional services:
- Set baselines for security
- Report on systems deviating from the standard
- Automatically bring systems into compliance
- Effectively secure data
Benefits of this Service
- Saves agencies and boards time, capital, and resources
- Custom support tailored to reach effective solutions
- Convenient on-site support
Billing Unit: Hour
Billing Code: 5231
- All State Agencies, Boards or Commissions under 200 Users
Scope of Service
- Customers can request assistance or support via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Desktop Support then select the category related to the issue(s) with your account or the application.
- If you would like to add or decommission a service, please submit a service ticket via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk and then select the appropriate service.
- Response Time: 24 - 48 hours (depending on severity)
- Resolution Time: Dependent on issue
- Support Time: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday
Agency Roles and Responsibilities
As end users, the agencies contribute to a secure and efficient computing environment by adhering to organizational policies, maintaining data integrity, and seeking assistance when encountering technical challenges. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Using hardware and software effectively
- Following security protocols
- Reporting issues and staying informed about technology updates