About System Backup
System backup is a solution for backing up server OS (Operating Systems) and data in the event the OS or data becomes corrupted, lost, or deleted and needs to be restored. In the event of system data loss, the backup process duplicates state files and data of the current computer system and stores them to be used as a backup or data substitute. Backups are run daily for each ASET managed agency, then compressed, duplicated, and stored in the cloud.
What problems it solves
System backup adds additional security to protect confidential information and allows unforeseen data loss to be recovered. This prevents the permanent loss of information, removes the need for costly recovery, and keeps business productivity stable.
What the Service provides
- Automation of backups after you officially onboard to the service
- Backups can be set up in Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annually increments
- A system agent installed to backup files and information through duplication
- All backup copies are stored in the cloud
- Disaster recovery assistance
- Agencies can elect to have a backup copy of their backup saved in another cloud region to be used for disaster recovery or restores
- Operations monitoring, operations support, and technical support
Benefits of this Service
- Provides additional security for unforeseen data loss situations like:
- Unforeseen power failures
- Failed hard drives
- Internet viruses / Ransomware
- Operating system crashes and failures
- Prevents the permanent loss of information
- Ransomware Detection, Protection and Recovery
- Quick access and retrieval of files and information
- Helps keep business productivity stable
- Removes the need for hardware acquisition, upgrades, and maintenance support
- Beneficial to agencies/boards that utilize the ADOA-ASET Cloud team for file shares and server support
Billing Unit: GB/Month
Billing Code: 5781
- Any Agency currently receiving services from ADOA-ASET Managed Services Cloud Operations team.
- New backups require a completed review and approval with the Agency, ASET Engagement Management & Cloud/DC Infrastructure Teams.
Scope of Service
- ASET will provide requested backups as requested by the agency, restores will be completed via an ADOA ticket. ASET will also perform Public Record Holds and Long Term Retention Hold requests.
- Customers can request assistance or support via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Server then Server Backup.
- If you would like to add or decommission a service, please submit a service ticket via the ServiceNow Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk and then select the appropriate service.
- Response Time: 24 - 48 hours (depending on severity)
- Resolution Time: Dependent on issue
- Support Time: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday
Tenant Roles and Responsibilities
- Compliance and Governance: Ensure that data and operations comply with industry-specific regulations and governance standards. Implement policies and controls to meet compliance requirements.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Plan and implement disaster recovery and business continuity strategies. Understand the cloud provider's disaster recovery options and take necessary precautions.
- Cost Management: Monitor and manage cloud costs. Implement budget controls and cost allocation strategies to stay within budget.
Hosted IT Roles and Responsibilities
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Implement and maintain backup systems and disaster recovery solutions, which often involve offsite data storage and redundant systems.