The review process starts at the Agency/Board/Commission level with the identification of an IT project which needs to be completed.
A quick overview of the process is listed below, broken up into two phases: Agency phase, and ADOA-ASET Strategic Oversight Phase.
Agency Phase (Prior to formal Submission)*
- Agency determines if upcoming initiative requires a PIJ/Pre-PIJ (IT related, ≥ $25,000)
- Agency is encouraged to reach out to their Engagement Manager (EM) to discuss the PIJ. A full list of EM assignments can be found on the ASET Resource tab
- Agency creates a draft PIJ. Prior to submitted the PIJ, it is recommended that the agency contacts the EM or Oversight Team to review the PIJ to help expedite their approval.
- Agency obtains necessary Agency approvals (signatures)
- Agency submits the final PIJ for ADOA-ASET Strategic Oversight review
ADOA-ASET Strategic Oversight Phase (once the document has been formally submitted)
- The Oversight Team reviews PIJ document for completeness/soundness and performs analysis
- The Oversight Team works with the Agency if additional information is required
- The Oversight Team submits the final PIJ along with an analysis and recommendation for Approval, or Approval with Conditions to the State CIO
- If State CIO approves, <$1 million = Agency is notified and can then secure funding to begin project
- If State CIO approves, >$1 million = ADOA-ASET makes recommendation to ITAC
- Agency/Board/Commission prepares an ITAC presentation
- The agency presents their project at the next ITAC meeting (typically the 4th Wednesday of the calendar month)
- If ITAC approves, Agency is notified and can then secure funding to begin project
To view the EM assignment list navigate to the Resource Tab on the ADOA ASET website. It will help expedite your PIJ to contact the EM prior to creating your PIJ draft.