The Strategic Oversight group, within the Arizona Department of Administration’s Arizona Strategic Enterprise Technology (ADOA-ASET) office, helps State agencies, departments, boards, and commissions develop business cases for Information Technology (IT) projects and investments. This information is captured in a document called a Project Investment Justification (PIJ) form. The PIJ form gathers the needed information in a way that allows analysis and evaluation across all requests, reduces the time needed for review, and assures that the value to the public and risk are clearly considered. The required forms are posted below, along with links to the State Procurement Office for information on regulations, statutes, and other procurement related activities.
- The actual PIJ form is submitted online and allows the requesting agency to identify information that is required to explain the project, its benefits, and the projected costs.
- The information provided allows ADOA-ASET to complete an analysis and evaluation of the project from an enterprise perspective, and assures that the value to the public and risks are addressed. The required forms and additional information regarding Strategic Oversight can be found under Resources on the ADOA-ASET web-site, along with links to related statutes, policies and procurement related activities.
- For new User request for the PIJ portal, please contact the ADOA Service Desk at [email protected]
- Include the following in the request: Subject- PIJ Portal Access Request, First Name, Last Name, Email, Title, and phone number
- Once access is granted, navigate to the ADOA ASET website aset.az.gov > Click on the Strategy Tab > Click on Strategic Oversight > On this page you will find information on submitting a PIJ
The Strategic Oversight Team is here to assist you through the PIJ process to ensure that the right solution is being applied to the IT initiative of your organization. We recommend that the agency partners with their specific Engagement Manager to inititate conversation on the PIJ. (See full EM list on the ASET website >Resource Tab)
The Oversight Team and the EM will be happy to help answer any questions you may have. You can reach the Oversight Team at [email protected]