ABOUT SHARED DATABASE HOSTING
A team of experienced professionals handle routine database operations and maintenance on behalf of state agencies. The database administration service assists with managing the MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server while optimizing database performance according to application requirements.
Shared Database Server - A Shared Database Server Cluster is located at the State’s Data Center managed hosting facility based on agencies/boards/commissions availability requirements, excluding maintenance windows. Services provided on a monthly basis include database table maintenance, backups, monitoring, Database Management System (DBMS) tuning, and assistance with troubleshooting and problem resolution.
HOW RATES ARE CALCULATED
• Less than 100 MB = 1 Unit
• Greater than 100 MB and less than 1 GB = 1.5 Units
• Greater than 1 GB and less than 5 GB = 2 Units
• Greater than 5 GB = 3 Units
BENEFITS OF THIS SERVICE
• Routine operations and maintenance are managed by an experienced team
• Guidance on architecture design, administration, monitoring and troubleshooting for dedicated infrastructure/cloud server platforms
IMPORTANCE TO YOUR AGENCY/BOARD
• A significant cost savings can be achieved by eliminating the need for SQL servers, licenses and hiring database administration personnel
• Internal agency resources can focus on higher-value business objectives instead of routine operational and maintenance tasks
• Dedicated Database Hosting Service
• Database Specialist Support