About Virtual RAM
The Virtual RAM (Random Access Memory) service allows space for your computer or server to write and read information to be accessed by the CPU (Central Processing Unit). This allows agencies to add and remove memory to their existing on-prem servers or cloud instances.
What problems it solves
Virtual RAM helps combat short-term memory shortages by moving information to disk storage. Without sufficient RAM, it is more difficult for the CPU to transfer data, which severely damages a computer’s performance.
What the Service provides
- Hardware and software which allows the transfer of data from RAM to disk storage
- Gives applications a place to store and access data on a short-term basis
- Gives agencies the ability to add/remove memory from/to existing on-prem or cloud virtual machines
- Allows for increasing or decreasing RAM on an individual Virtual Machine (VM)
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year monitoring and operations support
- Notification in the event of an outage or interruption of service
Benefits of this Service
- Removes dependencies for new hardware acquisitions, upgrades, replacements, and maintenance and support which saves costs
- Help increase the speed at which memory transfers information to other components, which makes computers faster and more efficient
Billing Unit: 512MB/Month
Billing Code: 5753
- Any Agency needing support for any hosted system or application currently supported by ADOA Cloud Operations team.
- Completed review and approval with ASET Engagement Management & Cloud/DC Infrastructure Teams.
Scope of Service
- ASET will provide daily operational and capacity support for all servers and implemented through our change board process. ASET will inform the Agency when additional RAM is required; the Agency will request additional RAM via an ADOA service request.
- Customers can request assistance or support via the Cherwell Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Cloud Operations then Server Support.
- Response Time: 24 - 48 hours (depending on severity)
- Resolution Time: Dependent on issue
- Support Time: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday (after hours on-call provided on production systems as needed).