About Virtual CPU
The Virtual Central Processing Unit (CPU) is a physical central processing unit assigned to a virtual machine which gives the operating system the ability to calculate the number of concurrent operations that it can perform. Virtual CPU allows agencies to add and remove CPUs to and from their existing on-prem or cloud virtual machines.
What problems it solves
Virtual CPU removes the need for a costly physical processing unit.
What the Service provides
- Configuration services provided by ADOA gives agencies the ability to add/remove CPU’s to existing on-prem or cloud virtual machines
- Allows for the increasing or decreasing CPU power on an individual VM (virtual machine)
- Allows multiple operating systems environments to exist simultaneously on the same machine
- 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year monitoring and operations support
- Notification in the event of an outage or interruption of service
Benefits of this Service
- Removes dependencies for new hardware acquisitions, upgrades, replacements, and maintenance, and support
- The ability to start additional virtual processors and terminate active CPU virtual processors as the database server runs
- Reducing CPU frequency helps improve a computer’s battery life
Billing Unit: CPU/Month
Billing Code: 5751
- Any Agency needing support for any hosted system or application currently supported by ADOA Cloud Operations team.
- Completed review and approval with ASET Engagement Management & Cloud/DC Infrastructure Teams.
Scope of Service
- ASET will provide daily operational and capacity support for all servers under current ADOA services and implemented through our change board process.
- Customers can request assistance or support via the Cherwell Customer portal. Click on ADOA-ASET Service Desk. Select Cloud Operations then Server Support.
- Response Time: 24 - 48 hours (depending on severity)
- Resolution Time: Dependent on issue
- Support Time: 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday (after hours on-call provided on production systems as needed).