This service is offered as a DR Strategy for "remote data replication capability" on Magnet 2. Includes 1 rack for servers, network security and local area network services in a raised floor environment in Tucson. Management of equipment, WAN and application specific services is the responsibility of the requesting Agency. Physical facilities include fire protection (wet pipe), camera monitoring, temperature control, raised floor, back-up generators and battery backup.
Signed ISA on file outlining Customer and CLIENT responsibilities
- Provide all necessary power for CLIENT equipment
- Provide air conditioning for CLIENT equipment that meets data center standards
- Provide physical security for CLIENT equipment that meets security standards
- Notify CLIENT of any outage or interruption of service
- Provide badge access to DR environment
- Customer provides server administration and support for all services
- Any requirements outside of the standard configuration will be an addition cost that will be determined prior to installation
- Contact ADOA-ASET Service Desk at 602-364-4444 for assistance or technical support in the use of or in the event of issues to your environment
- Customers will use the ADOA-ASET Service Desk/CA Service system for problem resolution and service requests.
- Provide ADOA-ASET with as accurate as possible estimates of future hosting requirements
- Notify ADOA-ASET of any scheduled maintenance that may require personnel that do not have data center badges, this includes CLIENT staff and CLIENT vendors
- Provide a list of individuals that will need access to the CLIENT equipment. These individuals will need to complete the UNAC training prior to receiving their badge access
- Payment of time installation charges. These charges are based on the server size and power requirements
- Provide ADOA-ASET with CLIENT contact information during normal and outside of normal business hours
- Pay all fees associated with the Per Rack Hosting service
- Only store data related to official state business
- Restrict use of the facility for Disaster Recovery systems only. CLIENT understands this is not a Production facility that they are in a shared DR environment.
- Establishment of security for physical access to CLIENT servers and other equipment
- Environment change requests will be in writing.
- Mutually maintain and abide by the Emergency Contingency Plan