DRM staff provides database administration support on additional database environments (i.e. Dev, UAT, etc.) within ADOA-ASET’s Shared Microsoft SQL Server Cluster located in a State Data Center managed hosting facility according to customer availability requirements, excluding maintenance windows. Services provided on a monthly basis include database table maintenance, backups, monitoring and tuning of the Database Management System (DBMS), up to 5 hours of troubleshooting and problem resolution assistance per month.
This rate will apply to each additional database instance created and maintained on ADOA-ASET’s Shared SQL Server Cluster. This monthly support rate is in addition to the standard 8240 MS SQL Shared Premium Primary instance charge if the instance is defined as a node in a SQL Server cluster. This rate covers the additional SQL Server cluster administration and management features dependent on application requirements (i.e. high availability and automatic fail-over, etc.).
This rate does not include application support. Application support services are invoiced on a Time & Materials (T&M) basis as per the hourly support rates published on the ADOA-ASET rate schedule.
- DBMS monitoring and performance tuning
- DBMS environment troubleshooting and problem resolution assistance up to 2.5 hours per month
- Perform DBMS (system) & Application Database Backup for use during Disaster Recovery
- Management and completion of database-related customer service requests and issues
- Support and facilitate cross-training of database administration staff
- Maintain DBMS environment documentation which includes customer specific attributes with respect to the DBMS environment
- All other requests for database administration assistance shall be provided following a receipt of a Client request and invoiced on a Time & Materials (T&M) basis according to the “8221 – Database Specialist” hourly support rates published on the ADOA-ASET rate schedule.
- Coordinate DRM requests with Applications support team
- Attain authorization through the ADOA-ASET Security Group as required
- Provide ADOA-ASET with CLIENT contact information
- Contact ADOA-ASET Service Desk at 602-364-4444 for assistance or support
- Authorize activities in support of DBMS environment
- Pay monthly fees associated with the use of the service
- Coordinate application test schedules for system or application software upgrades
- In case of disaster and by customer request, coordinate CLIENT'S database recoverability with DBMS configuration, Point in Time Recovery and Point in Time Backup with Applications and Tech Support team