Mainframe Shared DASD Storage - Private Volumes is designed for the highest availability and performance requirements. It is built on the most current disk technology and is based on a cache centric design that provides the fastest response times while sustaining large numbers of data transfers. Mainframe Shared DASD Reserved Storage is billed based on the number of volumes requested by CLIENT. CLIENT is billed for all the tracks on the requested volumes.
- In the event of a disaster, restore the system using the most recent full volume backups that are available
- Maintain two (2) full volume disaster recovery tape copies of all mainframe disk storage for seven calendar days. One tape copy will be stored in the State Data Center and one copy will be stored offsite. ADOA-ASET cannot always create these copies when there is no update activity occurring to CLIENT’s data. Therefore, even though these copies will include files containing CLIENT’s data, ADOA-ASET cannot guarantee the files on these copies can be used for a successful recovery of CLIENT’S data.
- Hardware acquisition, upgrades, replacement, maintenance, and support
- Configuration of storage devices
- Installation and configuration of storage management products
- 24x7x365 operations monitoring, operations support, and technical support
- Security to control electronic and physical access to data
- Capacity planning
- Create tape backup copies of the CLIENT’s data. ADOA-ASET staff is available at no cost to CLIENT to assist CLIENT in developing procedures to create tape backup copies. The CLIENT will provide onsite and/or offsite storage requirements to ADOA-ASET for CLIENT created tape copies. All CLIENT created tape copies will be billed at ADOA-ASET current tape storage rates.
- Application Disaster Recovery
- Application troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Only store data related to official state business
- Provide ADOA-ASET with at least sixty calendar days’ notice of changes in CLIENT’s disk storage requirements
- Provide ADOA-ASET with CLIENT contact information during normal and outside of normal business hours
- Contact ADOA-ASET Service Desk at 602-364-4444 for assistance or technical support in the use of or in the event of issues with this service
- Pay all fees associated with the use of the disk storage service
- Schedule microcode upgrades in a timely manner to ensure the microcode installed in State Data Center disk storage systems is always at a supported level
- Mutually maintain and abide by the Emergency Contingency Plan