Space in the State Data Center can be used for non-electric consuming equipment and can be placed where needed unless or until that space is need for production equipment. At that time, equipment will be relocated to the nearest available free space.
- Provide physical security for CLIENT equipment that meets with data center standards.
- Provide badge access to the data center area where the CLIENT equipment resided.
- Provide a list of individuals that will need access to the CLIENT equipment. These individuals will need to complete the UNAC training prior to receiving their badge access.
- Only store material related to official state business.
- Provide ADOA-ASET with as accurate as possible estimates of future hosting requirements.
- Provide ADOA-ASET with CLIENT contact information during normal and outside of normal business hours.
- Contact ADOA-ASET Service Desk at 602-364-4444 for assistance or technical support in the use of or in the event of issues with this service.
- Pay all fees associated with the Floor Space Rental service.
- Establishment of security for physical access to CLIENT servers and other equipment.
- Environment change requests will be in writing.
- Mutually maintain and abide by the Emergency Contingency Plan.