About AZNet II
AZNet II is a consolidated telecommunications program providing State of Arizona agencies, boards and commissions with outsourced voice and networking services and equipment, contracted at a predictable, user-based monthly charge.
To learn more about the recent contract extension, click to read the AZNet II Contract Extension FAQ.pdf.
In accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes § 41-712 the Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) was tasked to establish and oversee a statewide contract for telecommunication services and equipment, known as AZNet - Arizona Network.
Following AZNet's inaugural term with service provider Accenture, on March 12, 2012 the State of Arizona entered into a five year contract with CenturyLink, AZNet II.
To view the complete AZNet II contract, visit procure.az.gov.
Core Decommissioning - Decommissioning legacy equipment from AZNet CORE. UPDATE - 9 Devices remain to be powered down. Project is 95.5% complete. Expected completion March 31, 2017.
IOS Upgrade - IOS upgrades on all Cisco Routers and Switches. UPDATE - 1160 Routers completed, 3132 Switches completed. Overall project 99% complete. 9 Routers and 13 Switches remain. Expected completion March 31, 2017.
Shared Hosted Data Center - Updates are available by calling 602-364-1515.
- December 5, 2016: Dark fiber quote is in the review and approval process. DWDM equipment receipt is in process. Capitol Mall Fiber is pending permits from the CIty. Finalizing rack design so the IO can begin the build.
- December 19, 2016: Dark Fiber pricing has been approved by vendor. DWDM equipment receipt is still in process, expected completion of delivery is targeted for February. Capitol Mall fiber - permits have been issued, schedule to start work this week. Finalizing Racking design in progress. Meeting with other ADOA-ASET teams to develop a standardization for racking in shared space. Designs for the raised Floor space at IO have been approved. Task Order for Office and Storage space has been signed by ADOA.
- January 2, 2017: Dark Fiber Scope of Work is being finalized by the vendor. DWDM equipment receipt is still in progress, completion date is on track for February. Capitol Mall Fiber - construction is scheduled to begin the week of January 2nd. Office and Storage space - physcial security is being developed.
- January 9, 2017: DWDM equipment is still in process, expected completion of delivery is targeted for February. Capitol Mall Fiber construction is in progress. Office and Storage space is ready. Camera layput has been finialized. Racks have been ordered.
- January 16, 2017: Capitol Mall fiber - boring has been completed; starting copper removal this week. Camera layout has been finalized and is waiting for approval from IO. Working on standards and procedures for equipment and cabling in shared space.
- January 23, 2017: DWDM - equipment receipt is in progress, expected completion in February. Capitol Mall Fiber - copper removal in progress. Security Camera SOW has been delivered to ASET. Working on standards and procedures for equipment and cabling in shared space. ASR 9001 quote received.
- January 30, 2017: No new updates, work continues.
- February 6, 2017: DWDM equipment has been received. Capitol Mall Fiber - the copper removal is in progress. Security Camera is pending wall covering approval. The Racks have been ordered and received. The ASR 9001 quote is being reviewed.
- February 13, 2017: Capitol Mall Fiber - copper has been removed, subduct and fiber installation begin this week. Security cameras are pending wall covering approval. Purchase requests are in process for Top of Rack patch racks, Panduit black fiber runner, and Panduit Copper for servier row 1. The network racks have been assembled. Finalized fiber solution's Bill of Materials (BOM).
- February 20, 2017: Capitol Mall Fiber - subduct and fiber installed. Remote racks assembled. DWDM equipment assembled. Ladder rack installed above network row. Security camera getting additional information. ASR 9001 waiting delivery. POE switches are being finalized.
- February 27, 2017: Capitol Mall fiber - subduct and fiber installed, splicing in progress. Remote cages are installed. Security camera switches selected and ready to order. ASR 9001 waiting on delivery.
- March 6, 2017: Capitol Mall Fiber - subduct and fiber installed, splicing should complete this week. Remote cages are completed, adding equipment to racks, DWDM equipment assembled, waiting for fiber to test connection. Security Camera switch selected and ready to order. ASR 9001 waiting on delivery.
Have a question? Call us at 602-364-1106.