Article 4 - Public Safety Communications Advisory Commission (PSCC)
41-3542. Advisory commission; powers and duties; report
A. The Arizona public safety communications advisory commission shall make recommendations to the department regarding the development and maintenance of work plans to outline areas of work to be performed and appropriate schedules for at least the following:
1. The development of a standard based system that provides interoperability of public safety agencies' communications statewide.
2. The promotion of the development and use of standard based systems.
3. The identification of priorities and essential tasks determined by the advisory commission.
4. The development of a timeline for project activities.
5. Completion of a survey of existing and planned efforts statewide and benchmark against similar efforts nationally.
6. Providing support for the state interoperability executive committee.
7. Establishing committees and work groups as necessary.
B. The department may:
1. Employ personnel as required with available monies.
2. Enter into contracts to assess, design, construct and use public safety communications systems.
3. Accept grants, fees and other monies for use by the agency and the advisory commission.
4. Enter into agreements to carry out the purposes of this article.
5. Request cooperation from any state agency for the purposes of this article.
C. The department of public safety shall consult with the director of the department of administration or the director's designee on an ongoing basis. On or before September 30 of each year, the director shall submit a report to the joint legislative budget committee for review regarding expenditures and progress of the commission, including a review of staff operations and preparation of requests for proposals for system detail and concept work.
D. The commission shall annually submit a report of its activities and recommendations to the governor, the speaker of the house of representatives and the president of the senate on or before December 1 and shall provide a copy of the report to the secretary of state.