In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Budget unit" means a department, commission, board, institution or other agency of the state receiving, expending or disbursing state funds or incurring obligations of the state including the Arizona board of regents but excluding the universities under the jurisdiction of the Arizona board of regents, the community college districts and the legislative or judicial branches.
2. "Committee" means the information technology authorization committee.
3. "Department" means the department of administration.
4. "Director" means the director of the department.
5. "Disaster recovery" means the measures required to mitigate the loss of information technology capability.
6. "Information technology" means all computerized and auxiliary automated information processing, telecommunications and related technology, including hardware, software, vendor support and related services, equipment and projects.